Statement of Faith
1. THE SCRIPTURES – Belief in the authority and reliability of the Bible as the inspired Word of God. The Bible is the complete and final revelation of God concerning all matters of faith, and practice. All truth is God’s truth.
2. THE TRINITY – Belief in one God: personal, infinite, and holy, eternally existing in three distinct persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
3. GOD THE FATHER – Belief in the omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent God who is sovereign over all. His sovereignty is seen in acts of creation, salvation, and continual care.
4. GOD THE SON – Belief in the Deity of Jesus Christ, true God and true man; His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atonement for our sins by His blood sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, ascension, and His personal return in power and glory.
5. GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT – Belief in the ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts of sin, regenerates, indwells every believer, enables the believer to live a godly life, and empowers the
believer for effective Christian service.
6. MAN – Belief that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned and thereby incurred both physical and spiritual death on himself, which is separation from God, that all human
beings are born with a sinful nature and therefore are sinners in thought, word and deed.
7. SALVATION – Belief that all who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, truly repent of their sins and receive Him by faith, are born again of the Holy Spirit, thereby becoming children of God.
We believe good works to be the inevitable result of true faith.
8. THE CHURCH – Belief in both the church universal, which is composed of all believers in Jesus Christ both living and dead and the individual church congregation through whom God works to carry out the Great Commission.